Parker County ESD #1 is hiring 20 new positions!
For the full application packet go here: Parker 1 Employment Application Packet
Parker County Emergency Services District No. 1 is pleased to announce internal/external job opportunities for full time positions, including 10 firefighter, 4 engineer, and 6 lieutenant openings.
We operate out of 6 staffed fire stations, providing fire suppression and rescue service to a rapidly growing population of over 75,000 residents in over 300 square miles of Parker County. ESD 1 also operates the Parker County Fire Alarm Center, a fleet services division, and is in the design and construction phase for a new training and administration campus.
ESD 1 is a rapidly developing department, building on the core principals of being mission minded, creating and maintaining a chosen and purposeful culture, and standards-based performance. ESD 1 experiences almost double the national average of fire occurrence, operating within a host of challenges including diverse suburban and rural demographics with significant wildland/urban interface threats, rapid growth and development, major energy/petroleum gathering, distribution, and processing facilities, class 1 railroad and major highway thoroughfares, and substantial developed areas with no water supply or fire code enforcement.
The ideal candidate will be confident in structural and wildland fire suppression, and vehicle rescue techniques, while exhibiting willingness to serve and lead in a rapidly growing department utilizing innovative approaches to staffing and service. We seek students of the trade who are confident in core competencies, that will be ambassadors for the chosen core values, culture, and standard of service for the department.
The selection process will consist of an application, essay submission (dependent on position), panel interview, physical agility test, and final interview with the Fire Chief.
Internal candidates are current full-time and part-time employees who meet the requirements for the position on the date that application and resume submissions are due. External candidates are any person meeting the posted requirements for the position on the date that application and resume submissions are due, or that possess comparable requirements for their current state of licensure. (please contact administration to discuss the reciprocity process)
Interview questions will be sourced from the Firefighter Rescue Survey, County Fire Tactics, and Fire Service Leadership – Formal Mentoring for the Fire Service. Candidates may apply for any and all positions they are qualified for. Please see hiring process details below for more information.
Brotherhood - Excellence - Service - Teamwork
• 48/96 schedule
• TCDRS retirement, 7% 2:1 employer match, TMRS time credit counts toward vesting and retirement
• TML – Blue Cross Blue Shield health plan, $30 copay, $1,000/$2,000 individual/family deductable
• 80% employee and family health/dental/vision insurance paid, $210/month total cost to insure family
• Longevity pay, certification pay, uniform allowance, TIFMAS deployment opportunities
• PTO benefit with PTO sellback, holidays are paid at 1.5 times hourly rate
• 7 year step plan, market adjustment every third year, (October 2022)
• Lateral transfer for full-time employed candidates who transfer to same or lower rank, 1:2 ratio, 4 year cap
(with FLSA) Year 1 Year 2 Year 3 Year 4 Year 5 Year 6 Year 7
Firefighter/EMT $46,864 $48,270 $49,718 $51,210 $52,746 $54,328 $55,958
Engineer $55,196 $56,852 $58,557 $60,314 $62,124 $63,987 $65,907
Lieutenant $58,320 $60,070 $61,872 $63,728 $65,640 $67,609 $69,637
-Process & Position Requirements-
• Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications for position(s) applied for as illustrated in the job descriptions in the application packet (click link for application.)
• Qualified applicants must submit a completed application, resume, and essay no later than 12:00 PM Dec. 17th, 2021.
• Submissions may be delivered in person, by courier, or by PDF in email with response received, attention to:
Parker County ESD 1 Administration
Attn. Kaymie DeCento, Executive Assistant
315 Morrow Rd, or PO Box 323
Springtown TX, 76082
• Interviews and the physical agility test will held in January at dates/times to be determined.
• Total number of externally hired Engineer and Lieutenant positions may vary depending on internal candidates.
• Employment offers will be given in late January to early February.
• The essay grade, panel interview, and physical agility test are pass/fail.
• Prior to final employment offer, external candidates will be required to successfully complete a personal history statement, background investigation, and a comprehensive physical exam administered by the department’s health provider.
• Final selection and appointment will be made by the Fire Chief.
Job Type : Full-Time